OME 2012. What do I even say to sum it up... I get emotional even now, seven months later, as I think about what the Lord did. Each of those brothers and sisters now each carry a piece of my soul with them wherever they go. 1 Corinthians 12 talks all about the body of Christ and how we are all created differently and for different functions to reflect the same God. I've never experienced that like I did this past summer. Each one is absolutely beautiful.
![]() |
| You can't really tell from here, but lemme tell ya, those are some gorgeous people. |
I lived out 1 Thessalonians 2:8 and shared not only the gospel of God, but my life as well with two gorgeous women, Katelyn and Kelli, who, when the summer began, were both polar opposites. Katelyn was intimidated by Kelli's wisdom, and Kelli was wary of Katelyn's honesty. I remember thinking there was no way these girls would become best friends, but again, the Lord did immeasurably more. Just a few weeks into the summer, I came home to see my two chanchitas sitting on the floor together crafting, after having spent the whole day together and had shared their testimonies and things with each other that I hadn't even heard yet! I proceeded to sit back for the rest of the summer and be blessed as I got to walk with them and watch the Lord speak into them. We laughed, cried, danced, sang loudly, relied on Peeta and Gnorman as our watchmen, giggled about boys, ate tomato paste, hugged awkwardly, woke each other up for quiet times, held each other accountable, defended each other, and wore hilarious SDC costumes together everyday for work. They are both now passionate followers of the person of Christ on their campuses and desire to bring glory to his name and renown.
| Me, Katelyn and Kelli. Long live the Chanchitas. |
The Lord also revealed himself as my Healer. This story deserves a more relational setting, not just over a computer screen, but basically on July 17, I watched my Gbrother enter into the heavenly realms. It was the most terrifying thing I've ever been apart of. Romans 8:26 says that the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf with groans that are too deep for words, and for days, that's all we could do, just groan and cry to the Lord. My soul still groans when I think about that day and the days that followed. I've also never experienced Psalm 23 in such a real way like I did in that time.
"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever." Psalm 30:11-12
I have been drastically altered. Jesus has carried through months of suffocating sadness, rejoiced with me in small victories, and hooked my arms over his strong shoulders as he dances me through my days. I can spend all my days swaying in his arms.
Oh Lord, haste the day when I can feel your arms and spend eternity at your feet.


No comments:
Post a Comment